Saturday, April 11, 2009

FYI

I am writing about this here because it's a blog problem I've been having for a few weeks now and there is absolutely no where on google/blogger that expains this problem.

I was using Internet Explorer 6. I upgraded to IE8 and did not like it so I removed it and went back to the 6. From that time on, I could not get any of the link buttons in my blog navigator link bar to work! It was very annoying to say the least. To log into my blog to post or comment, I had to go to my address bar and type in www.blogger.com. That was the only way to be able to access my blogs and it was time consuming.

Well, I finally found something online that explained it might be a problem with IE6. So, muttering under my breath about being forced to go to the higher IE's, I compromised and downloaded IE7. Voila!!! They all work now!

I didn't want IE8 back again because it slowed down a few things, but 7 seems okay.

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is having the same aggravating problem.

4 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks for into Deb. I use Mozilla more than IE.

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, I have IE7 and it works find - so far. I know IE8 is out there but not sure I want to upgrade just because it's there - too many bugs all the time with new MS stuff. Glad you posted this - I won't upgrade until I have to! I've heard of a lot of people having problems with the new Google Picasa3 that automatically uploads on your machine if you have Picasa2 - especially if they have Vista on their machines. Why not just leave well enough alone?

Deb Léger said...

You're welcome Ann. Mine is working great now. (And I"m getting used to those darned tabs.)

Deb Léger said...

Hi Rhonda,

I agree, if it's not broken, don't fix it. lol