Monday, July 2, 2007

Edible Art

Happy Canada Day!


I am very lucky to live in the best country in the world! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Here's my contribution of art for today. Very yummy art! About fifteen years ago, I cut a picture out of the newspaper of a cake made like this for Canada Day. Every year since then, I planned on making it but never did. This year, I did! Without the picture to go by, just the image in my head. There was just one little glitch. I had bought a 2-litre basket of berries but ended up using them all in a rhubarb-strawberry pie and a strawberry pie. I totally forgot about needing more berries for this and ended up buying berries from the supermarket which had been imported from the US. How unpatriotic - a Canadian flag cake made with American berries! :-) They sure saved the day though, and tasted great!

I did do some painting though, this holiday weekend! I've been working on the rain man painting and on the pastiche for a landscape painting group I'm in. I'll post something later when it's looking decent enough to post. Right now, they're in the ugly stage.

Happy Canada Day, Canadians! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I did.

No comments: