Sunday, October 4, 2009

Finished!

I don't know. I'm not so excited about this one now that it's done. It's very different from what I usually do. It was fun. I'll do more. But I wouldn't switch my natural way of painting for this permanently. While at the Apples and Arts Studio Tour, I put on a few coats of glossy varnish.
Here's a few crop shots. As always, click on each pic for a larger view. (The first one below is a bit on the yellowish side.) I'm not sure if I'll cut it to some of these crops or leave it like it is.....
I'm not even sure what I'll do with it!



























5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Well, I think it's gorgeous! So much energy and movement throughout. I like the touches of brighter, eye-catching warms amidst all the darks and whites. I think you should mat and frame it and hang it on your wall!!!

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

The croppings look good on their own Deb but I still like the complete painting better, don't know maybe it's the size, maybe the sense of space to get lost in it because the colors over the black ink even if subtle (or maybe because of that) are so deep and mesmerizing.

Deb Léger said...

Thanks Rhonda and Teresa! Your confidence in me always makes me feel good!

Cindi said...

deb...
there is a very special kreative blogger award for you, on my blog.. stop by and pick it up.. if you have any questions on how to bring it to you blog, just let me know!!

thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!!

Deb Léger said...

Hi Cindi! Thank you so much for the kreative blogger award!! I'm tickled pink that you thought of me. I always love visiting your blog. Thanks again!