Wednesday, June 6, 2007

First Sketch of The Rain Man started


I didn't get the entire thing done but a lot of it was started.

I cropped Dmitry's original reference shot to show the man and the tree. When sketching in the tree, I made it bending in the strong wind. Same as the umbrella the man is holding. It looks like it's being flattened in the wind and rain when I look at the pic so I wanted to emphasize that, too. I didn't quite get the flattened look I wanted on the top of the umbrella so I'm going to work more on that after work tonight. I think that emphasizing the wind like this will relate a lot of the motion I want to show for the rain. Think I'll put more branches and leaves on the tree, too. (You can't really see the work in the outstretched sleeve, but it's there.)

I have also found that there is going to be one heck of a lot of perspective work in those buildings in the background! lol.

No comments: