Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rain Man Sketch Finished ...


This is as finished as it's going to get! One of my problems is that I spend way too much time on the drawing. (But then again, I work out a lot of problems while drawing so maybe it's not half bad.) I'm not too crazy about the figure but .... this is a learning experience for figures. The buildings in the background are going to be distant and fuzzy in the painting. The tree will be bent over more to show high winds.

If you've just stumbled onto my blog, I should add that four friends and I are all painting the same reference picture (shot by Dmitry, DZZ and posted at Morgue File). If you click on Ann and Rhonda's blogs, you can see their progress too. Paulette and Teresa don't have blogs. Yet. ;-)

We're doing this for the learning experience of painting rain and figures.

2 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

Good sketch Deb. I like how you simplified the shapes of the building and that railing shines like metal.

Deb Léger said...

Thanks Ann. (If I hadn't simplified those buildings, I'd be working on it for the next three months! lol!) Now, to start painting it.....