Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm Done! I'm Done! I'm Done!

Alrighty then!! The Treasure Chest is finished! Today is a holiday here in Canada - our Thanksgiving. (I'm sooooo thankful this is done!) So, Tuesday, (since the post office will be closed on Monday) it's going to be mailed to Mary Lu. Here's a few shots of it. First, the finished painting; I have to say this again - it looks much better in real life. Usually, I can shoot a painting and get the exact matching colours. This one seems to be really tough to match. If you click on some the pics, you'll get a larger version to view. (Not all but some work with that feature.)

A bit of history - Mary Lu and I belong to a fantastic online art group called EBSQart. We were partnered in the annual Ripped Off show. Mary Lu, who makes gorgeous jewelry, was inspired by my Eggs and Collander painting to make me the following necklace, which she mailed to me!

I was inspired by Mary Lu's Treasure Map ring she made for the EBSQ Paper show. Immediately, I thought of a pirate's treasure chest filled with Mary Lu's jewelry! And that's what I did. Previous to this post, you can see the progress steps.

Here's a few closeups;

























If you'd like to see the real McCoy's of each of these pieces, you can visit Mary Lu's website. She's also known as Amethyst Lobster!

Thanks very much for my necklaces, Mary Lu, and I hope you like this painting!

2 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

Lucky friend to receive this painting! The work that has gone into this painting is amazing. Love the filigree, the warmth of the wood, the beads. Heck, I like it all. Well Done, Deb!

RH Carpenter said...

How wonderful, Deb!! I know you are pleased to finish this one and send it off - and I see why it took time and patience (so many little bits!!!). Love it - it's beautiful and full of eye interest :) Can't wait to see what you do in your "get-together" at night, too.