Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Balls

The book, Art and Fear, has been making a mark on me! Normally, I wouldn't post this tiny painting I did today. But reading Art and Fear makes one realize that each painting doesn't have to be perfect, nor a masterpiece. Some paintings can just be fun, practice and relaxing. That's what this one is.

I've been slowly taking down my Christmas tree. (This is a banner year - I usually take it down way on into January!) I sat there, with a brush, a travel palette of Schminke paints and a number 12 brush. Didn't draw this out first, just painted with that large brush and then spattered Pelican Graphic White on top for snow. (That awesome stuff hides a multitude of sins!) I realized, while uploading it from my camera to the computer that I totally obliterated the cords that hang the ornaments while painting the greenery.

But, IT WAS FUN TO DO! And that's what counts! Also, it was a great warmup exercise.

I would certainly recommend Art and Fear!

4 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

Hooray Deb! So thrilled to see you painting. I like this small painting of your ornaments. Looks like an early start for the coming year's Christmas cards.

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, perhaps the floating ornaments symbolize the free-floating fear you have of not being perfect. Let that go and enjoy!!! A couple of gold hangers put in and this would be a good holiday card for next year - like that white snow!

Deb Léger said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks! LOL, yes, a real early start for next year's cards. Just think - I'll actually be all set for that come late November! That'll be a first. LOL.

Deb Léger said...

Hi Rhonda,

THanks for commenting! Maybe you're right. Sometimes, I want to paint, don't have anything drawn out, get discouraged and leave the room. This was fun. I think I might just attach a gold ribbon to each as the hanger and voila! Fini!