Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pears and Family Day

I'm still waiting for the Golden paints to come in. I was going to work on the waterfall but decided to gesso a piece of w/c paper and draw out some waterlilies. Then paint it with watercolour paint. Just for fun.

Tomorrow is Family Day here in Ontario, a new stat holiday that is just two years old. I love it! Having a stat holiday in February is awesome!

In the meantime, here's a few more fast ones I painted for the colour exploring group I'm in. One is a tiny and very fast one of red pears. The shadows are done in the complementary colour of green. A mixed green. The red is M. Graham's naphthol red. I love these M. Graham paints! I'm a convert for sure! It's on Arches 140 lb coldpressed paper, credit card size. (I used a credit card to cut the sizes of these for the paint swatches I'm working on. I only have a few more to do and then I'll have catalogued my entire collection of watercolour paint. And let me say - I am embarrassed at how much paint I have!

I will not buy any more watercolour paint until I've finished some of these, I will not buy any more watercolour paint until I've finished some of these, I will not buy any more watercolour paint until I've finished some of these ......

This is some pears I did a while back. I put in the red background for a complementary colour piece. This is as finished as it's going to get because I don't really like it. It's already been thrown into a container that holds the 5 x 7's that I paint and don't plan on doing anything with.
I'm going back to either the waterfall or the waterlilies now .......
Later!

No comments: